Where would you travel if you suddenly had $1,000 to spend on flights and hotels? Start thinking about it, because one Girl vs Globe fan soon will!
I know you love travel as much as I do, so I’ve teamed up with Skyscanner to bring one of my readers the opportunity to plan the journey of their dreams. Yes, that person could easily be YOU.
How To Enter #1kvsGlobe
To get you excited about the awesome trip you could go on, I’ve made it a fun little challenge. To enter #1kvsGlobe, I want you to figure out how many continents you can fly to with $1,000.
How do you do that? Here are the rules…
- Download the Skyscanner app and register. You can use your email or Facebook, and it takes less than 30 seconds.
- Once you’re logged in, set your currency to US dollar. You can easily do this by clicking the cogwheel in the upper right hand side of the app homepage.
- Put in your hometown and search to “Everywhere”. For dates use December 2016 or January 2017 – essentially, just sit back and make some fun Christmas or New Years plans!
- Then find flights to as many continents as possible for $1,000, for one person. The more continents you can get to for $1,000, the better. The countries you visit on each continent are completely up to you, but snap up those cheap flights! Don’t worry about accommodation.
- Post a photo on Instagram or Facebook and describe your route in it. You can use any photo – from travel pics to selfies or screenshots from the Skyscanner app.
- In the caption, tell me how many continents you can get to for $1,000 and what your destinations are. Most importantly though, tell me who you’d like to take on this trip with you and why, and tag them in your post. Be creative and have fun with it! 🙂
- Don’t forget to use #1kvsGlobe, and tag & follow @skyscanner and @girlvsglobe (on Instagram) OR Skyscanner and Girl vs Globe (on Facebook) in your image. Please make sure your Instagram profile and/or Facebook post is not private to make sure I can actually see it.
- Optional: Follow @girlsvsglobe – my new Instagram account where I feature my fellow female travellers. You don’t have to do this at all, but it would make my day if you did.
You have until September 28, 2016 at 12am (midnight) GMT to enter. The contest is open worldwide. You can read the terms and conditions here.
I’d prefer if you entered on Instagram because I find the platform more fun, but entering on Facebook will not hurt your chances of winning in any way. There’s only one entry per person, but feel free to post on both Facebook and Instagram.
To use the Skyscanner app as effectively as possible and increase your chances of winning, check out my post on how to find the cheapest flights. It has a step-by-step guide, complete with screenshots and useful tips!
How Will I Choose the Winner?
I hate popularity contests, so I am not about to put you through one! It doesn’t matter how many followers you have – the winner will be chosen based on their creativity alone.
To maximise your chances of winning, make sure you hit up as many continents (and countries) as possible. Get creative with who you’d like to take on this trip and why. Make sure you tag them in your post, too.
As I just mentioned, I’ve written a whole post on how to find the cheapest flights. I highly recommend you read it because it will help you get the best deals – and not just for the purpose of this competition!
I can’t wait to read through all your entries. May the odds be ever in your favour, and let the games begin!