1. These terms & conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all participants in the Skyscanner survey promotion (the “Promotion”).
2. The organiser of the Promotion is Skyscanner Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 04217916 and registered address at c/o Pinsent Masons LLP, 5 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7BA (“Skyscanner”).
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY
4. The Promotion is open worldwide, to those aged 18 or over as at the Commencement Date.
5. Entry to the Promotion is free of charge and is not conditional on the purchase or use of any products/services of Skyscanner or its group companies (the “Skyscanner group”).
6. The directors, management and employees of any entity within the Skyscanner group and any third party involved in the organisation of this Promotion, as well as their immediate families, are not entitled to participate in the promotion.
7. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
8. Skyscanner at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant to the Promotion where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms.
HOW TO ENTER
9. In order to enter the Promotion, you should complete a survey and then submit your contact e-mail address.
10. Entries will be accepted from 00:00 on 7th September 2016 (the “Commencement Date”) to 23:59 GMT on 28th September 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received before the Commencement Date or after the Closing Date are invalid and will not be accepted. Skyscanner shall not be responsible for any entry submission failures caused by technical errors.
11. By entering the Promotion, you hereby warrant that your entry does not contain any content which (a) is plagiarised from or otherwise infringes the intellectual property of any third party or contains any third party material or content for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses, consents and/or approvals; (b) is defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence and/or in breach of privacy; (c) constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or (d) is technically harmful (including, without limitation, containing computer viruses).
12. By entering the Promotion, you hereby grant to the Skyscanner group (and its agents and partners) a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use your name, image, likeness and your entry (including without limitation any text, graphics, photographs comprised therein) for the purposes of promoting and/or marketing the Skyscanner brand and business.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
13. The winner will be determined by Girl vs Globe and Skyscanner representatives from all eligible entries, based on the perceived quality of their entry.
14. The winning entry will be chosen and notified by e-mail no later than thirty (30) days after the Closing Date. The winner will be contacted for confirmation that they accept their prize and for any supporting information or actions that may be required, such as the provision of booking preference details. Failure to provide such information to Skyscanner’s satisfaction within 30 days of receipt of the email may result in the prize being forfeited and Skyscanner choosing to re-run the selection process to choose an alternative winner.
15. Failure to comply with the requirements set out in these Terms may result in a winner being disqualified and an alternative winner being chosen in their place. In addition, Skyscanner reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to award any prize to any winner who has or, is deemed likely to have, violated any term or rule outlined in these Terms, gained unfair advantage or won the Promotion using fraudulent or unfair means.
16. The prize is a $1,000 (USD) Skyscanner flight and hotel voucher.
17. Receipt of the prize is conditional upon the winner accepting the prize within forty eight (48) hours of being contacted by Skyscanner in accordance with Section 14 above.
18. The value of the prize is based on the recommended retail value or market value as at Commencement Date. The prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be given. Where any element of the prize is unavailable, an alternative of equal value will be provided. Any extra costs beyond the value of the prize as outlined in these terms will be the responsibility of the winner.
19. In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the prize or any element thereof, then the prize (or the relevant element) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or the relevant element).
20. Skyscanner accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any prize and advises entrants that independent financial advice be sought in the event of winning. Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner, including obtaining travel insurance to cover healthcare, lost baggage and other related travel costs.
21. By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Skyscanner shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize.
22. If you would like to receive a copy of these Terms free of charge, please contact us at the address set out in clause
23. All selections and decisions made by Skyscanner in conjunction with this Promotion are final and binding and no discussions will be entered into or correspondences entertained in this regard.
24. Skyscanner shall be entitled to terminate or modify the Promotion or these Terms at any time prior to the Closing Date by publishing any such modification or termination on the relevant Skyscanner website or otherwise communicating it in writing to entrants.
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Skyscanner and which prevents Skyscanner from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms (“Force Majeure Event”), Skyscanner will not be liable or responsible in any in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
26. Except in respect of liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for its fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by law, Skyscanner will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or claims arising out of or relating to the Promotion or the use of any prize, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
27. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, and all other social media providers, and hereby release Facebook, Twitter and all other social media providers in full from any liability which may arise relating to your participation in the Promotion.
28. These Terms and the Promotion are governed by the laws of England & Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.